Sunday 26 July 2009

REPLY TO A SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CRITIC_1

(NB: A  pseudonym has b een used for the writer of the letter.) 

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your letter.  Since you have written to us it is my duty to respectfully reply to you. I will not write for my husband, he will most likely do that himself. Lest I should misquote you, Tom, I will copy your email and then give my reply to the points you raised.

   

“Hello Lloyd and Ellisa,

I have been reading your web site and after listenig to you Ellisa  explain over the phone how our spirit either goes to heaven or to hell throughout all the ceasless age of eternity.

This is pure nonesence and from what I can see it is not supported by the writings of Sister White.  

Do the 2 of you read and belive in her writings?

What you are teaching on your web site is so different from SDA doctrine and teachings and is so wrong.

Tom". 


Tom, first let me address the phrase, "This is pure nonesence".

These are your words, not mine. If what you refer to is pure nonsense, then you MUST take it upon yourself to accuse our Saviour, Yahushua of what He told us in Luke 16: 19-31 as "pure nonesence"!! Please realise that the account He gave in this Passage of Scripture about the rich man and Lazarus, the beggar, has nothing to do with me. The account is His alone.  

SDAs teach that that Passage of Scripture is a parable. However, I have not read that. It is the account of what took place in the lives of the rich man and Lazarus, the beggar.

Likewise, you must take what the angel told Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu from Nigeria who was resurrected from the dead 3 days after he died in December 2001, as "pure nonesence"!! In his story Pastor Daniel says that just before he came back to life, the angel who was his attendant in Heaven took him on a visit to Hell, a terrible place of torment where he saw the souls of those who were there. The angel, he says, told him that he had been chosen to answer the rich man’s prayer. His story is on the Video:

 “Raised from the Dead” CFN Production. 

Distributor: Chapel Lane, Hampton Bishop, Hereford, HR1 4JR UK. Tel (01432) 870437. email: chapellane@aol.com. 
  
You must also take the responsibility of condemning Yahushua for what He says in John 11: 26, as "pure nonesence"!! In this passage Yahushua says:
 
“and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

You must also accuse Paul for what he has written in 2 Corinthians 5: 1-9,  as "pure nonesence"!! I’ll quote verses 6-8 of that Chapter:

“6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (for we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord”.


Likewise, you must accuse Paul of speaking "pure nonesence" in Philippians 1: 21-23, where he says: 

“21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better”.

You must also accuse him of speaking "pure nonesence" in 1 Thessalonians 5:23:

“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

You must also accuse John the Divine of speaking "pure nonesence" concerning what he was shown in Revelation 6: 9-11, regarding the souls of those who had died. There it says:

“9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled”.


In addition, Tom, you must take the responsibility to accuse all those who have been privileged to come back from the dead over the years as "pure nonesence". Likewise, you must do the same about their personal testimonies of their experiences in death which they have told, or are telling. You can also attribute as "pure nonesence "those who have related their experience of the glorious place Heaven is; so much so that they did not want to come back to this world. You must also ascribe as "pure nonesence" what those who went to Hell have said and are saying about the suffering and torments which they experienced there, or the suffering they saw of others who are there; as well as well as how terrible that place is. Such was the terror there, none of them want to go back there. That is the reason those whose stories I have heard, have since given their lives to Yahushua. They have become His ministers and have devoted their lives to warn people about that dreadful place, known as Hell. 

Among those who were privileged to be resurrected was Ian McCormack, a New Zealander, who was brought back from the dead in 1982. In 2003, I met him here in Manchester and heard his personal story. He also prayed for me. His story is on his Video and DVD, entitled:

 “A Glimpse of Eternity a True Story” Ian McCormack. St. Pauls  
It is available from:
FCS Sound Services Ltd. Phone No. 0845 120 4925 email: steve@fcscassettes.co.uk. Website: fcscassettes.co.uk

There is also the Video/DVD: 

“To Hell and Back” by Dr. Maurice Rawlings.  
In this Video, several persons who had near death or out of body experiences, or who died, tell what they personally experiences. This Video/DVD is produced by:
The Trinity Broadcasting Network in the USA: VHS TBN 0030. TBN P.O. Box A. Santa Ana, CA92711.

Pastor Ian McCormack whom I met in person and all others who have told, or are telling their stories of what they experienced in death say the same thing. They all say that they did not know that they had died. The only thing they reported did not have were their physical bodies. They heard, spoke, and saw and had all their emotions. For those who went to Heaven, they had wonderful stories of joy and happiness. Those, however, who went to Hell, told of the terrifying experiences which they suffered.

Due to the fact that SDAs cut themselves off from others in the body of Yahushua and isolate themselves, they do not have any idea of the miracles that our Elohim is performing among His people. Likewise, due to the fact that they do not know the Ruach Ha Kodesh and have shut Him out of their lives; they do not know what is happening in the body of Yahushua. Since they despise other Christians and refuse to associate or have anything to do with them, they do not know what is taking place among Yahweh’s people. Neither do they know what the Ruach Ha Kodesh or Yahushua are doing in the world. Therefore, they do not know about those who have been resurrected from the dead. These stories are not only from Christians but are often told on Sky on Channels such as the Zone Reality Channels and the Paranormal Channel. The Church’s arrogance and pride, however, are her downfall and robs her of knowledge and blessings. Hence we are told in Hosea 4:6:

“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee”.
   

Let me say Tom, I am very happy and grateful to my Elohim that I am NOT just a body and breath. A body which  will die when the breath leaves the body and returns to Yahweh, Who gave it to me. My breath is the physiological function in my body  which induces respiration and keeps me alive. Yahweh gave it to me when I came out of my mother’s womb and took my first breath. Thus the ONLY  function of the breath is to take into my body Oxygen through inspiration, and then through expiration to remove Carbon Dioxiode or impure air from my body, thus keeping me healthy.  The breath of life has no intelligence and does not think or make decisions for good or ill and then instructs my body to carry  out such instructions. The breath of life is a gift from Yahweh to me,  and to  everyone who came into this world.  At death its function is over and so it  returns to Yahweh, Who gave it  because it is sinless.  


The breath is NOT MY SPIRT AND SOUL, the immaterial, intelligent part of my being; the true person who I am. I am a spirit being consisting of spirit and soul, who lives in my body. I came directly from my Creator and when I leave my body at the time of my death, by His grace, I will return to Him and continue to be as spirit being because that part of me will NOT DIE!! That part of me is my true self and is the intelligent part of my being which thinks, plans and give instructions to my body to carry out the instructions given. It is that part of me that is active when my body is asleep. The part of my being which dreams and often does things and goes places when my body is asleep. The part of me through which my Elohim communicates with me,  as Job states in Job 33: 14-17:

"14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, 17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man".

Yes, my spirit is the “I” or “Me” and the part of me which Yahushua refers to as the soul, as He says in Matthew 10:28:

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell". 

“I”, i.e. my spirit being, came from my Elohim. At death my spirit will leave my mortal body (not just my breath) and by Yahushua’s grace will go back to be with Him as I have already stated. My body, my earthly house or tabernacle, will however return to the dust from which it was taken (Genesis 3: 19). You disprove this as "pure nonsence"!! That is alright as long as you are happy and contented to be just a body + breath, which makes you a living soul, as the Adventists teach. Thus when the breath leaves the body, you will then become a dead soul and be confined to your grave until the resurrection morning. We will not dispute this matter. You are entitled to your own opinion. However, the time will come when we will die, except we are alive when Yahushua returns. At that time, the time of death, the truth will be known, as it is for those who have died. That time will prove whether or not we are just bodies which live and at the time of death return to the ground (or are disposed of otherwise depending on the type of disposal) and remain in that state until the resurrection. 

Yes, I know you are saying how wrong I am because of what is written in Psalm 146: 3, 4 and similar Scripture passages:


“3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish”. Psalm 146: 3, 4.

This Passage (and other such Passages) is only dealing with the mortal, physical body. It is NOT dealing with the eternal, immortal soul which leaves the body at the time of death because without the body, the spirit (spirit and soul) has not legal right in this world and must leave. The body then is just lifeless clay in which everything, including the thoughts, memories and emotions perish because the breath of life as well as the spirit and the soul, the true person, are no longer in it.  


Due to the fact that the SDA Church does not know about the immortal spirit of man (spirit and soul), she has missed out on one of the most important and vital teachings in the Word of Yahweh. As a Church which claims to be the “true church”, the matter of the immortal soul and spirit should have been one of her most important teachings and doctrines. Instead, she totally refuses to come in line with Yahweh’s Word, ignores the Ruach Ha Kodesh and teaches that man is just a body + breath, which perishes at death. 

Due to the lack of vision in SDA Church and her old doctrines and teachings on this most important of subjects, her members do not know that they are NOT JUST BODIES WHICH PERISH AT DEATH. Due also to the fact that they have no concept of their immortal spirit and soul (the inner man), they remain in ignorance about this most important subject. That is the reason there is often terrible mourning and inconsolable grief of some SDAs when their loved ones die. This happens because they have no idea that the deceased are not just confined to the grave, the elements, etc,.  Had the Church taught them the truth about their triune nature (spirit, soul and body) instead of the LIE,   that they are just bodies, there would be less unbelief and scepticism about the spirit and soul. Likewise, some of the evils which some members do to others, they would not do because they would be afraid of what is awaiting them when they die.  


Had the SDA Church allowed the Ruach Ha Kodesh to be her Teacher and Guide, she would have known that there is in each of us an independent and immortal spirit (spirit and soul) which vacates the body at death and go to be with the Saviour (for those who have accepted Him), or to Hell for those who have rejected His love and sacrifice for them. Thus there would be far less mourning and grief by some of the members when their loved ones die. The Church however, is happy and contented to remain in darkness on this most important matter of the immortal spirit and the soul. Since that is her attitude, our Elohim will NOT FORCE her to accept what she refuses to accept. However, His word on this matter of the immortal spirit (spirit and soul) and all others teachings in His Holy Word, remains unchanged. 
 

It is interesting to note that SDAs regard themselves as just bodies, yet when people close to some of them die, they are so afraid of their ghosts. You may say that there is no such things as ghosts. That, however, is not what my Saviour said after He had been resurrected from the dead and met with the disciples who thought He as a ghost. The account is given ins Luke 24: 36- 43:


“36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? 42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them".


Whereas SDAs discount the independent spirit and soul of man, most Africans and other nations where witches are prevalent know otherwise. They know how real and how dangerous such people can be. When the witches go out to have their meetings and conferences, etc, they do not go in their physical forms. They leave their bodies and take on a familiar, i.e. a cat, a dog, a snake, a bird or what ever they chose to use to transport them about. While they are gone from their bodies, their bodies remain asleep and breathing  in the bed but cannot be awakened. If the familiar gets an injury (while transporiting them)  the physical body will sustain the same injury or injuries, although it did not leave the bed. If the familiar dies the body also die.  

In Ghana when one is suspected of being a witch, the people use the sleep test to verify them. They do so at nights when everyone is in bed and should be asleep. At such times they wake up everyone in the whole village or school or college dormitories. Those whom they are unable to wake up are then marked and when their spirits return to their bodies and they can be wakened up, they are then dealt with. In Ghana, many of those who are confirmed witches are de-witched and banished to remote parts of the country where they remain and do menial tasks such as burning chalk coal, etc,  until they die. While we were in Ghana, at times we bought chalk coal from some of them by way side.


I will now take the next part of your question:

“This is pure nonesence and from what I can see it is not supported by the writings of Sister White”.  

No, what I have written is certainly NOT supported by the writings of Sister White. I take my instructions and "support" from the Scriptures and the Ruach Ha Kodesh, the Holy Spirit. I do not base His teachings upon the teaching of another human being. 


In your next statement you wrote:

“Do the 2 of you read and belive in her writings?”

I do not need to read the late Mrs White’s writing or base my belief upon what she has written. Moreover, I do not have time to read her writings because I am kept busy doing my Master’s work and paying attention to what the Ruach Ha Kodesh is teaching me and instructing me to do.  

I believe Mrs White was used by the Ruach Ha Kodesh during her time in this world. However, she is NOT THE RUACH HAKODESH, whom Yahweh my Father sent to be with us on the Day of Pentecost and Who is our Elohim (God) here upon earth. HE ALONE is my Leader, Teacher, Helper, Guide and Comforter, the One with Whom Yahushua baptised me and Who empowers me to do the works of Yahushua (John 14: 16, 17, 26; John 16: 7-15; Matthew 3: 11; Acts 1: 4, 5, 8).  


Tom, Mrs White’s writings ARE NOT THE SCRIPTURES. The Ruach Ha Kodesh DID NOT TRANSFER HIS POWER TO HER!! NEITHER DID HE DIE with Mrs White! Her writings are NOT the Ruach Ha Kodesh, neither are her writings the Spirit of Prophecy. The Spirit of Prophecy is the RUACH HA KODESH, the Holy Spirit. He is the ONE WHO IS MY TEACHER. He is the One  Who leads, guides and does His works through me. He is the One to Whom I listen and follow His guidance. He is NOT an “IT”. He is Elohim Ruach Ha Kodesh, the Third Member or Third Person of the Godhead, Whom the SDA Church rejects. 

NB: SCRIPTURES USED IN THIS POST ARE TAKEN FROM THE KING JAMES VERSION OF THE BIBLE.