Tuesday 27 November 2012

MINISTERING IN JAMAICA, THE LAND OF MY BIRTH!! 2012



In May, 2011, while I was ministering in India, I was thinking of returning to Pakistan where I had ministered in 2009.  As I thought about it, I heard the voice of the Ruach Ha Kodesh.  He said: “No, you don’t, you will return to the land of your birth and minister there”.  I had heard His undisputable voice and so there was no question about it.   I had to obey Him.    I had spoken often in the past about returning to Jamaica to minister there  but when that time would be, was from my mind.  However, now that the Ruach Ha Kodesh had spoken, upon my return to the UK, I began to make plans for the visit to Jamaica, that beautiful island in the sun.





In early March, 2012, I took my flight to Jamaica and landed at the Airport in Montego Bay.  The view from the aircraft, though it was late evening, was a lovely one and there was no mistaking where I was. It was  beautiful Jamaica, the land of my birth.



My cousin Merle and her dear husband came to meet me at the Airport.  It was already dark when we left the Airport to drive the long distance on some of the very winding roads and hair -pin bends (a great blessing he knows the roads very well) back to Hazard in St Mary.  That  district is  adjacent to the district  of Montreal,  where I was born and brought up.  I stayed with  my aunt Flo and  some members of her family in the home that was built by my late grandmother, Gertrude.

 
My aunt Flo is three months older than myself.  She was the last child of my late grandmother and I was her  first grandchild.  Flo and I grew together in the same home when we were babies.  I shared her  milk when my mother left me with my grand mother and went away to work!!  My last visit to Jamaica  was thirteen years ago  so it  was a wonderful reunion.


I saw the areas where I had spent my childhood differently, as well as  the  times when I visited the island.  I saw the beauty of those areas as I had never  ever seen them before.  I noticed the beautiful hills and valleys carpeted with shrubs and  lovely trees, the  lush greenery interspersed mainly with beautiful red flowers; the sugar canes waving in the breeze; the fruit trees, especially the banana trees laden with bunches of green bananas; the quiet, clear  flowing rivers in places, the lovely sunsets and rain bows  after the showers of rain. There was so much beauty as I went from place to place  that made me appreciate the beauty of my island home more than I have ever done before. I am really thankful that I had the privilege to back there.

My aunt Flo and her daughter Merle, took time from their busy programs  to plan and arrange visits for me and also to accompany me. Merle’s husband took time from his busy schedule to   drive me to different places so that I could minister. 

In the district  of Montreal, I met many of my younger relatives.  I also  met some of those with whom I went to school.  Most of the older people had passed to their rest. The face of the district has changed so much from when I was growing up there. It is now more like a town with many beautiful homes (that goes for most of the island) and enjoys the many benefits of Electricity including televisions, fridges and freezers.  

  There in Montreal I was very pleased to see that there is now an established church, the Four Square Baptist Church.  That church,  interestingly enough  is next to the home where I grew up and where I had my first vision of Yahushua when I was about seven or eight years old.  I worshiped in that church on my First Sunday there.  The worship was very vibrant as the worshipers (a goodly number of them)  sang and danced to the glory of our Elohim. The minister gave a timely message and when he made the altar call, many went forward and made their decision to accept Yahushua so their Saviour and Lord. 

I  held four open air meetings.   Two were held in Hazard, one was held in Montreal, my home village and one in Carron Hall, the adjoining district, where I went to school as a child.  In those meetings I pointed out the love of Yahushua for His children, the nearness of His coming, the importance of committing the life and making Him the Lord and Saviour of their lives; the importance emulating the life of Yahushua; the importance of  forgiveness and being ready  for the coming of Yahushua. At each meeting I also prayed for the needs of the people, including prayer for their healing.

I worshiped in three other churches, including the church  where  I first worshiped  when I received Yahushua as my Saviour.   In one of those churches I was asked to pray for the people including those who were ill. In another,  the pastor came to me after the discussion of the Sabbath  School Lesson and aired his concern that I had not  contributed to the discussion  in the class. I told him that whenever  I go to any church, unless I am invited to minister or to speak, that  I normally keep quiet.  He asked if I would speak to the congregation for a while.  I told him that I had not come prepared to  do so but if he wanted me to,  the Ruach Ha Kodesh would speak through me to them. The Ruach Ha Kodesh spoke through me and gave me words of encouragement  for them. At the end of the Service I prayed for the pastor and his wife and for others who needed prayer.

I was privileged to visit my old school at Carron Hall where I was given an opportunity to take worship at the Primary School.   

I used the opportunity to tell them a little about the Names of our Elohim  (as they were taught to me by the Ruach Ha Kodesh),  and  about the love of Yahushua for all His children.  I also told them a little about Ghana where I served with my husband as missionaries and also a little about India and Pakistan where I ministered. I encouraged them to be respectful  to their teachers and their elders and to learn the things they were being taught. Following the worship, I anointed and prayed for the teachers. Once the children returned to their classes, I went and anointed  and prayed for them individually.  I also prayed for the success of those who were sitting examinations to be admitted to the High School next Academic Year. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                  I was also given the opportunity to take worship at the Infant School and minister to the children.  I remember that Infant School so well because as a little child, each day I would turn up there with the older children and had the disappointment of being sent home because  I was not yet old enough to begin school.  Eventually I was admitted in the school which was the beginning of  my education. It was wonderful to see those very bright eyed children, full  of life and eager to learn. 






The Infant and Primary Schools are nearby and are nicely laid out and equipped to meet the educational needs of the children who are taught by caring and patient teachers..

I was also privileged to minister in the large Presbyterian Church to the students from the Carron Hall High School, which is near to the Primary School. My time however, with them   was limited because the church was opened very late.  However, I spoke to them   for a short time before I  prayed for the teachers and the students.
  




The Headmistress of the High School, told me that I could return another day and minister but I told her it was not possible because  I would be returning to the UK within a few days. 



Early one morning  I went to the Health Clinic in the town of Highgate, where I prayed for those who needed prayer. This was done before the Clinic began.

I was also privileged to go to Port Maria Bay Hospital where I was given permission to go on the ward and pray  for many sick patients.  I also visited  the Infirmary in Port Maria  and prayed for those who needed prayer.  The Infirmary houses the very poor, mostly the  elderly, who have no relatives.  There they are cared for until their deaths.


My aunt Flo or her daughter Merle, took me to many homes in Hazard and some of the  surrounding districts to visit and pray for many of those who were in firmed and shut-ins. 


 On the last Sunday of my stay,  we went to  Spanish Town.  To and from there I passed through the acres and acres of orange groves and the sugar plantations in and around Bog Walk. I also passed over the famous Flat Bridge that is over the Rio Cobre River.  That bridge is said to be over 300 years old and over the many since then, many lives have been lost on that bridge, including those who died this year. In Spanish Town I met relatives, some of  whom I prayed for as they were suffering from various illnesses.

One of things I could not help noticing  in the area where I was brought up and went to school, were the many graves and  sepulchres.  Among the names  of some of those buried in the Presbyterian Church grounds, were the names of some of those whom I knew when  I was growing up.



I spent some happy times enjoying the sweet juice of the sugar cane, which was something I enjoyed as a child. However, all too soon the three weeks I went for had flown by and once again it was time to be on my flight back to the UK.

Indeed I give thanks to my Elohim for the privilege He gave me to  return to the beautiful island of Jamaica and to some of the areas which I knew,   to minister to as many as I could.  That was the prayer and desire of my late mother for herself but which she was unable to fulfil. I am thankful that I was able to answer that prayer for her and also for myself. I thank our Elohim also  for the love and  care that was shown to me by my relatives and for their help in arranging  the visits  for me to minister  and for taking me  to the various places, as well as to and from Montego Bay Airport.  My prayer is that our Elohim will richly bless and reward them for what they did to make my visit there an enjoyable and  successful one.