Thursday 29 November 2012

MAN_A TRIPARTITE BEING_ SPIRIT, SOUL AND BODY!!_ 7


.

                       THE HOME OF THE SPIRIT-BEING

The Soul being, like the spirit-being,  inhabit the body, it’s home in this world.  The body, its home, does nothing without first being instructed by the soul or the spirit, e.g.  we live in a house but that house does nothing of itself unless we, the occupants,  do what needs to be done. This is so because the houses we make our homes cannot clean themselves, cook, wash, shop  or do anything of their own.  The same applies to our physical bodily houses of flesh, blood and bones, etc. They, too, are our houses and whatsoever needs to be done, must be done by the occupants. Thus we occupy our bodily homes and what is done in them  is mainly up to the soul-being.

It is important to note that just as our ordinary homes reflect who lives in them, how they are  cared for and what goes in them, so also do our bodily  homes reflect who lives in them.   The soul, which is the real you and me,  is an  important part of our being.  We cannot ignore it or do as we please while we are in this our physical bodies, “this tabernacle” as Peter describes it in 2 Peter 1:13,14: 

The soul-being is the part of us which makes most of the  decisions and informs the body to carry them out, whether those decisions are good or bad. It is the part of us which is often at war with our spirit-beings and our bodies.  It is also the part of our being which causes us to sin.  That is the reason the Scriptures say:
                                                                                                                             “The soul that sinneth,  it shall die.” Ezekiel 18: 20.
                                                                                                                          
In other words  the soul causes us to sin and sin leads to the death of the mortal body. The   soul  is the part of our being  which will take the greater responsibility for things done in the body (after we die and also in the final judgment) and upon it mainly  depends whether we are lost or saved.  Concerning this,  Yahushua says in Matthew 10:28:

“And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell”.

In the above Scripture text, Yahushua pointed out that people can kill the body but they cannot kill the soul.  The soul, like the spirit,  does not die.  While we are still in our physical bodies,  a  constant battle  is being waged between the spirit, the soul and the body.  This is because we were born in sin. 

Satan knows the importance of the soul  and battles constantly to have dominion  over it.  He knows that once he is in control of the soul-being  along with the spirit being, he has the entire being of spirit, soul and body.  The battle for our souls never ceases as long as we are alive in this world and inhabit our mortal bodies.  Paul was experiencing a similar conflict and in his despair,  he wrote:

“For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of [Yahweh] God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?”.   Romans 7: 15-25.

Satan is constantly battling for the souls of the human race; therefore,  Yahushua admonishes us in  Matthew 16: 26:

“For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”

It  is through the spirit-being  that access is gained to our souls.  Thus it is through the spirit-being that the Ruach Ha Kodesh, the Holy Spirit,  enters the soul.  Likewise,  it is through the spirit that Satan also gains access to the soul.  The soul is subject to the spirit in man, which accounts for the battle that wages at times  between the spirit-being and the soul-being.   The soul wants to do one thing and the spirit another.  The natural tendency of the soul is to be carnal and to do the things which are opposite or contrary to the  will of Yahweh. On the other hand the spirit that is under the control of the Ruach Ha Kodesh will be in opposition to the carnal nature.

As children of Yahweh we can be assured of victory through the Ruach Ha Kodesh, instead of defeat.  Due to this battle, there are times when the “born again” children of Yahushua succumb to sin.  However, we haven’t   got to remain down and sink deeper into sin and despair.  Yahushua has provided us with a solution and gives us this comforting assurance in 1 John 2:1:

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, [Yahushua Ha Mashiach] Yahushua Christ the righteous”. 


NB: SCRIPTURES USED IN THE POST ARE TAKEN FROM THE KJV OF THE BIBLE, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED